Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my me account is not my apple id account but is asking for a password and will not let me receive for send emails

My me.com email will not let me recieve of send. It is not my apple id account but yet asks for a sign in as if it is. I dont know what to do but delete and start over.

iMac, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 6, 2013 3:45 PM

2 replies

Nov 18, 2013 1:36 AM in response to Duanefromsd

On MacBook Pro, OS 10.6.8:

Trying to use my mail that is on my desktop. I keep getting the message:

"Enter password for account iCloud.

Enter the password for user "xx" on MobileMe IMAP server "imap.mail.me.com"

I have entered any and all related passwords, and it has rejected everything, even the passwords it used to accept before. I also have an iphone, and a month ago, the iphone asked me to input an Apple ID. At that time, on the iPhone, it rejected the normal one, and I had to create a new one. I don't know if that change is the reason why my email on my desktop is not working. I have a .mac and a .me account that I use. The fact that Apple pushed the .me account on me has made things more complex.

What can I do to solve the password problem??

my me account is not my apple id account but is asking for a password and will not let me receive for send emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.