Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATV Internet Connection Problem

Having router problems and rebooted router several times. Our Apple devises and non Apple devises are working fine now on Wifi & Internet but we lost the internet connection on our Apple TV and it just will not pick it up. I have rebooted the Apple TV numerous times. We get a connected to network but not connecting to internet message. HELP

Apple TV, ATV Internt Connection Issue

Posted on May 6, 2013 7:49 PM

7 replies

Aug 7, 2017 12:03 PM in response to vazandrew

I have tried disconnecting everything that had to do with the apple TV box and the internet and reconnecting and restarting it several times. I called my internet provider which is mediacom and they said the problem was with apple cause my desktop computer and my iphone were all getting internet service okay. I also updated itunes on iphone thinking updates might be problem. I can't understand what would cause this to happen as it was working just fine a couple of days before. Can you help me?

Aug 7, 2017 2:39 PM in response to kaye22

Other devices working doesn't rule out the network. Issues can also come at any time.

Have you tried Ethernet? To see a current status of the WiFi network get a report from istumbler, netstumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise and nearby networks. Make sure DNS is set to auto. You can also test on another network

Aug 7, 2017 5:41 PM in response to vazandrew

Sorry but I am a computer dummy and so I have no idea what you are telling me to do. Ethernet too far away to use. to see a current status of the WiFi network get a report from who? I never heard of istumbler and netstumbler before and wouldn't know what to do, if i did. I don't understand how it could be working just fine and then all of sudden quit! Got to a simple explanation. thanks very much for your advice but it went over my head.

Aug 7, 2017 7:06 PM in response to kaye22

As I said the report would be from istumbler, netstumbler or similar. Again, you would be looking for signal strength, noise or nearby networks. It would walk you through, of course if you had further questions you could ask.

If there is a lot of distance between Apple TV and router than that is what is going to leave room for interference/performance issues.

As above, DNS needs to be set on auto. On Apple TV you need to check settings - network, select your network name and if DNS is in manual you need to switch it to auto.

A network issue can come at any time.

May 9, 2013 6:36 AM in response to Ruben5111

Morning Ruben5111,

You can resolve many Wi-Fi issues by checking your network connection settings.

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4546

When using a public or commercial network that requires a login or subscription, Apple TV may not be able to connect to the Internet.

Hope this helps,

Mario

ATV Internet Connection Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.