Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pictures from various event folders mistakenly merged to one event folder.

In trying to move 15 photos to iMovie, I did a sellect all and went to move the photos. When I realized I was dragging all 5,000+ photos, I moved the mouse back to iphoto. This action moved all 5,000+ photos from their made event pholders into one event folder. I saw the spinning wheel and forced a quit in hoping that would stop the merge. Upon reopening iphoto, all my photos were now in this one event. Is there a way to get my photos back to the individual events? Would Time Machine help? because I have backups, or do I have to accept the painsaking job of creating individual folder events and move all 5,000+ photos. Signed, What was I thinking to use a shortcut????

Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4s-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Once you go Mac, You don't go back!

Posted on May 6, 2013 7:01 PM

1 reply

May 6, 2013 10:34 PM in response to SMILEYLEG

Were your events based on capture dates? Then you could use the "autosplit" command to split the event again.

From the main menu bar: Events > Autosplit Selected Events

This will split your merged events into smaller events again, based on the time time you set in the Preferences.

See: iPhoto '11: Merge or split Events - Support - Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2362?viewlocale=en_US

But if you invested a lot of time into naming your events and setting attributes for them, you might prefer to restore your iPhoto Library from the backups. If you have a TimeMachine backup, open TimeMachine, dive back into the TimeTunnel while browsing your "Pictures" folder, and then restore your iPhotoLibrary.

Regards

Léonie

Pictures from various event folders mistakenly merged to one event folder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.