Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After I backup my content in iCloud, how do I access iCloud to verify all my content has been stored, so I can delete content from my iPhone, iPad, etc...?

After I backup my content in iCloud, how do I access iCloud to verify all my content has been stored, so I can delete content from my iPhone, iPad, etc...?

iPad 2

Posted on May 6, 2013 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2013 7:57 PM

What content were you planning on deleting?

Any data you sync with iCloud will be deleted from iCloud as soon as you delete it from any of your devices. And if you delete the content from your device and continue backing up your device to iCloud, the new backup will overwrite the old one and it will no longer be stored in your backup either.

In other words, you really should think of iCloud as a way to permanently store data so you can delete it from your devices and restore it again later. iCloud is designed to keep the data on your devices consistent, and to back up the data on your device at the time of the backup.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2013 7:57 PM in response to brucebee68

What content were you planning on deleting?

Any data you sync with iCloud will be deleted from iCloud as soon as you delete it from any of your devices. And if you delete the content from your device and continue backing up your device to iCloud, the new backup will overwrite the old one and it will no longer be stored in your backup either.

In other words, you really should think of iCloud as a way to permanently store data so you can delete it from your devices and restore it again later. iCloud is designed to keep the data on your devices consistent, and to back up the data on your device at the time of the backup.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.