Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What's difference between Motion templates and FCP templates?

I am planning to buy Motion 5 for motiongraphics & video editing projects. I am completely new and have been told that Motion is easier to use than After Effects. I subsequently might also invest in FCP X down the line.

I've been searching around the web and found that some sites are selling Motion templates. But after looking around I get confused between whether the template is for Motion 5 or FCP X. Are the templates for these interchangeable (i.e. Motion 5 templates can be used for FCP X or FCP X templates can be used for Motion 5)?

Also once I download these templates, how do I normally use them? Can I just open them straight away like opening a document and it auto-loads the default word processing app or is it like a plug-in that needs installation?

Hope someone can shed some light over this, ideally one who has bought & used templates.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 6, 2013 10:14 PM

1 reply

May 6, 2013 11:48 PM in response to truestampede

Hi,

They are essentiall the same. The templates you get for FCPX are actually Motion files but are just stored in a special place that FCPX knows about. You can open them and edit them in Motion. If you are not using FCPX however you probably wont need to use these, although you could cut and paste elements that you want to reuse.

Motion is very very powerful and has a shallow learning curve.

hth

adam

What's difference between Motion templates and FCP templates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.