Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only the Front Left channel of my USB mic is being recognized!

The microphone in question is this. When I plug it into my Macbook and look at it through Audio MIDI Setup, I can only see the Master channel and 1: Front Left. The Front Left channel was also greyed out, with the slider down at 0. When I record through the mic in Premiere, I (expectedly) get audio from only one channel. Could someone provide some insight?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 7, 2013 1:59 AM

1 reply

May 7, 2013 5:29 PM in response to Alex Rojas

I hopped over to Windows 7 in boot camp and plugged in the mic. In Sound Options > Properties, it's also telling me that my microphone is only one channel. Did I purchase a mono microphone? Is it that all microphones of this nature record to mono? Or is mine somehow faulty? It would make sense that this microphone would be mono, but the fact that the one channel is named "Front Left" in the Audio Midi Setup might have sewn the seed of doubt that something was off.

Only the Front Left channel of my USB mic is being recognized!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.