Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Customise maps in books

Some time ago a printed a book using Aperture. The book include a map created by Aperture. Now I'm trying to create a new book, but this time Aperture is coloring in all provinces, which it didn't do the previous time. (see both screenshots below) Is there anyway to prevent Aperture from coloring the provinces?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), iMac 24" 3.06 GHZ Core2Duo; 8GB RAM

Posted on May 7, 2013 5:40 AM

6 replies

May 12, 2013 11:43 AM in response to Ir. Bob

I can't see your images so I might strike out here. But you do have some control. If you double click a map, it brings up the Map options. If you uncheck a location then the province will return to the original color but you also lose the marker. You also can choose to show or hide the region text. For most of the world that just means the country name - but for the US it includes states and for Canada it includes the provinces. So to get the Canadian province names the same color as the map you would uncheck all the locations and choose to Show the Region Text.

<Edited By Host>

May 13, 2013 12:58 AM in response to Ir. Bob

I have found no way at all to prevent Aperture from highlighting the provinces.The only option I see is to print the map to pdf and edit it in Photoshop, then include the edited pdf as regular photo.

Send a feature request to Apple using the lik in the "Aperture" drop down menu: Provide Aperture Feedback.

BTW: for me your included photos have been showing all along ...

May 13, 2013 4:41 AM in response to Ir. Bob

I agree with leonieDF here. I have never been able to get Aperture to make a map that does not need some editing. Here is a recent one. After exporting the page to TIFF via the print to PDF menu I did a lot of work in PS. I filled in the rest of the states with the darker color, made the lines in PS and also created the box for the title in PS. To maximize the text quality, I put all the text on the page in Aperture.

User uploaded file

Customise maps in books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.