Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Specific website loads only under ethernet connection, but not with wi-fi

Hi folks,

I have this issue I couldn't figure out by myself. Everytime I try to load the website joaoribeiro.com from any of my devices connected to my house's wi-fi connection, website fails to load without error messages. However, if I connect it directly to my modem, website just goes fine.

My network topology:

Modem (not router) + Time Capsule.

I've tried to add open DNS either through system preferences and on Airport Utility. I've hard reset my TC, recreate the network, tried different IP ranges and prefixes, such as 172.16, 192.68 (here in Brazil).

When it comes to ping the joaoribeiro, timeout occurs. I don't think it is something with the ISP, because modem is assigning proper IP addrss and DNS servers.

Any clues?

I also thought about removing the host file, but since it happens to all computers, so the network itself wouldn't write "blocking instructions" to iPad, iPhone and other computers.

Thanks.

<Link Edited By Host>

Posted on May 7, 2013 7:24 AM

3 replies

May 7, 2013 2:08 PM in response to Guimesquita2

Test by ethernet connection to the TC from a computer. Does the same problem happen?

Turn off ipv6 .. this can cause problems.

Did it work ok in the past? If this has started happening recently try going back to earlier firmware.. 7.5.2 is probably the best but the TC has to be >18months old, otherwise go back to 7.6.1

To downgrade firmware just hold the option key when you select it.

May 8, 2013 8:36 AM in response to LaPastenague

I`ve already tested by ethernet connection to the TC from a computer. As instructed by you, i`ve turned off ipv6 and went back to earlier firmware 7.5.2 but issue persists.

it used to work in the past. actually the issue started about 15 days ago. i did not make any changes in the network or update it.

At first i thought that it was something related to my ISP or even my website hosting, but i've alrealy contact them both and they say that there is nothing blocking the access to my webpage: joaoribeiro (dot) com

Till now i`m running out of ideas on how to fix this issue.

I'd appreciate any help on this.

Regards.

May 8, 2013 1:33 PM in response to felipe27

felipe27 wrote:

I`ve already tested by ethernet connection to the TC from a computer. As instructed by you, i`ve turned off ipv6 and went back to earlier firmware 7.5.2 but issue persists.

You said in the first post you tested by ethernet to the modem.. without the TC the site works.. but I do not see a report for ethernet connection to the TC.

Please run a traceroute from terminal to the site from the computer directly connected to the modem.

Run the same traceroute from computer then connected to the TC.

Please post the full traceroute you get from both.

Specific website loads only under ethernet connection, but not with wi-fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.