Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro freezing every 30 sec on Xserve

Hi all

I am using an Xserve with an attached RAID as a Final Cut server for 17 iMacs in an editing suite and have run into problems.

The system has been working fine until now - every 30 seconds or so the coloured wheel appears and the mac 'freezes', preventing anything from working. This happens both when connected to the server as a user on the mac, or connected through finder on a local user profile on the iMac.

Nothing in the way the server is being used has changed for this problem to be blamed on.

However I took a look at the system log on the Xserve's server admin, and the following is repeating constantly:

fcsvr com.apple.FinalCutServer.postgresql [3001]: FATAL: bogus data in lock file "postmaster.pid": "(version)

fcsvr com.apple.launched[1] (com.apple.FinalCutServer.postgresql) Exited with exit code: 1

fcsvr com.apple.launched[1] (com.apple.FinalCutServer.postgresql): Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Has anyone using the Xserve in a similar way come across this before? A colleague reccommended I try deleting the postmaster.pid, in /var/lock/ or /var/run/. However I was unable to even locate the postmaster.pid

Do the system log messages I posted above sound like my problem, and if so any solutions would be much appreciated. Alternatively if i have missed an existing discussion on this topic, apologies, and could i please be pointed towards it.

Many Thanks

Xserve, OS X Server

Posted on May 7, 2013 7:49 AM

There are no replies.

Final Cut Pro freezing every 30 sec on Xserve

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.