Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I run bluetooth speakers and a set of speakers that plug in to the back of my iMac G4 from mid 2007?

Am I able to run my bluetooth speakers and plug in speakers simultaneously on my iMac G4 Mid 2007 model? So far it seems I can only do one or the other. Just wondering if I'm missing a trick here. Thanks, IckeyObo

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Mid 2007 model iMac G4

Posted on May 7, 2013 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2013 1:03 PM

Yes, you need to open the Apple Audio MIDI setup in your utilities folder then click the plus sign at the bottom left to create a multi-output device, select your internal speakers and your bluetooth speaker (this needs to be pair with your computer) you should see the Multi-Output device in the right side window. Go into your system preferences>sound then select that Multi-Output device as your output source. You should hear sound in both devices.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2013 1:03 PM in response to IckeyObo

Yes, you need to open the Apple Audio MIDI setup in your utilities folder then click the plus sign at the bottom left to create a multi-output device, select your internal speakers and your bluetooth speaker (this needs to be pair with your computer) you should see the Multi-Output device in the right side window. Go into your system preferences>sound then select that Multi-Output device as your output source. You should hear sound in both devices.

Jan 12, 2014 9:56 AM in response to Eric Ross

This worked really well for me - Bose told me that I couldn't use speakers and my plug in speakers at the same time. It works!

BUT there is a buzzing noise on my output - both the computer and the headphone port. If I select one or the other the buzzing goes away.

I've played around with different volumes (of course I like it loud) but those adjustments didn't seem to affect the buzzing.

thanks for the help!

Can I run bluetooth speakers and a set of speakers that plug in to the back of my iMac G4 from mid 2007?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.