Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Sync Notifier.exe question

How do I fix this error that appears when I start my PC?

Procedure entry point xmlTextReaderConstName could not be located in the dynamic link library libxml2.dll.

Windows 7

Posted on May 7, 2013 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2013 6:51 AM

Hello, BC in AZ!

It sounds like one or more of the files that iTunes needs may have been damaged. I'd recommend running through the steps in the following article to get this sorted.

Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista or Windows 7

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

This will walk you through a complete removal of iTunes, allowing all of its components to be replaced with working versions when reinstalling.

iTunes Store purchases or songs imported from CDs are saved in your My Music folder by default and are not deleted by removing iTunes. While it is highly unlikely that you will lose any contents of your iTunes Library when following these steps, it is always a good idea to ensure that your iTunes library is backed up. If you're unsure how to backup, see iTunes: Back up your iTunes library by copying to an external hard drive.

Best regards,

Allen

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2013 6:51 AM in response to BC in AZ

Hello, BC in AZ!

It sounds like one or more of the files that iTunes needs may have been damaged. I'd recommend running through the steps in the following article to get this sorted.

Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista or Windows 7

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

This will walk you through a complete removal of iTunes, allowing all of its components to be replaced with working versions when reinstalling.

iTunes Store purchases or songs imported from CDs are saved in your My Music folder by default and are not deleted by removing iTunes. While it is highly unlikely that you will lose any contents of your iTunes Library when following these steps, it is always a good idea to ensure that your iTunes library is backed up. If you're unsure how to backup, see iTunes: Back up your iTunes library by copying to an external hard drive.

Best regards,

Allen

Apple Sync Notifier.exe question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.