Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rogue appointments in ical from Mail

Something new and worrying has happened. I just received a Spam email soliciting money, but they included an appointment which automatically got input into ical, so now I have an ical appointment to delete. I did not open the email or click on anything. It just did this all by itself. I'm concerned about this invastion into my ical from a spammer. Can this be avoided?

I notice it's actually an invitation from Google Calendar.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on May 7, 2013 10:01 AM

6 replies

Jul 20, 2013 11:51 PM in response to Cartoonguy

To be honest I do not find this a solution. Some people use automatic invitation by email, since it simply saves you time.

What I really would like to see is a "KILL" button so that invitations like this are seen as spam and will never get into iCal again. Apple, please add this to iCal and these problems are away.

BTW, why is it so hard to get rid of these dam**d spammers? "Yes we Scan" surely knows who they are and where they are located, right ?

Rogue appointments in ical from Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.