Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download Boot Camp 4

I need to install Boot Camp version 4 on my mid-2008 MBP (because it doesn't support BCv5), yet I seem unable to find a download on Apple's downloads page. All I can find is either updates for other versions or the Windows drivers. I don't need either. I need Boot Camp version 4. Can somebody please provide me with a direct link to the file?

Sorry, if this question is redundant.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Posted on May 7, 2013 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2013 12:52 PM

You have to download this > http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1630 You have the steps on the link to copy them to a USB drive

18 replies

May 7, 2013 1:12 PM in response to schenz

The step 2 is referring to the file you have downloaded from that page, in this cause, a DMG with the Boot Camp drivers. If you haven't changed anything from Safari settings, it should be in Downloads folder.

The step 3 is referring to copy the drivers to the USB drive but without storing them inside a folder you have on the USB drive. Furthermore, I recommend you to delete everything you have on the USB drive and then, copy the drivers

May 7, 2013 1:28 PM in response to mende1

¡Hola!

Well, there is no .dmg file. The download was a .zip file and it decompressed autimatically yielding a simple folder with a number of folders in it.

I will now try to burn this folder "onto the root level"of a CD. Good idea?

If this doesn't work I might want to know where to get this .dmg file from as well as what the $WinPEDriver$ are. These I do not find even with the help of a spotlight search. Aaah, I'll chase him round Good Hope, and round the Horn, and round the Norway Maelstrom, and round perdition's flames before I give him up!

Thank you!

Daniel

May 7, 2013 1:30 PM in response to schenz

Don't worry. I forgot that Apple provides the Boot Camp drivers from the Apple website as a ZIP, so you just have to decompress it and copy the files to a USB drive. However, you can burn them to a CD without any problem. To do it, just select all the files you got after decompressing the ZIP and choose Burn

May 18, 2013 3:44 PM in response to schenz

mende1, the problem here is that the link you provided is a support software once Windows is installed with bootcamp. What he needs is the DMG file in order to install the Bootcamp 4. This is the same reason I'm here. I can't seem to find the actual installer for bootcamp 4 and only find updates or support downloads. I own a Mid 2007 iMac which currently runs on Mountain Lio and bootcamp 5 but can't install 64bit windows. I'd need to get either 32bit Windows 7 or downgrade bootcamp in order to instal previous versions of windos like Vista, XP, etc...

Jul 6, 2013 1:49 AM in response to S4mmy113

S4mmy113,

I'm on a 2008 Aluminum Macbook, running 10.8.3 with Bootcamp 5. I have tried installing Win 7 64-bit and Win 7 32-bit, and unfortunately, both didn't work.

I could not install the Bootcamp 5 drivers (for obvious reasons).

I could not install these drivers on Win 7 32-bit for some reason: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1635

So I guess my point here is getting Win 7 32-bit might not even work for those of us using old machines with Bootcamp 5.

Anyway, I'm still downloading the link in this thread to see if it works. (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1630)

Sep 2, 2013 3:37 PM in response to schenz

I also have this same issue. I have Mt. Lion on the Late 2008 all aluminum MacBook, which has BC5 on it. I followed the instructions to the letter, installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (which runs) but when I tried to install the bootcamp drvers and support from my USB drive, am told that the version is incompatible and will not run. I tried all the things from the other posts about getting around this incompatible message, but none have worked, so have decided to try BC4 (as I would rather have XP anyway.)

SO, where is the Bootcamp 4 software that starts the process. I have this sofware, but not the DMG needed to install BootCamp 4.x to my Mac partition.

Anyone?

-Owen-

Sep 7, 2013 7:10 PM in response to orubin

I found Boot Camp 4.0.1 on a recovery disk I had made for Lion (10.7). Was able to install on MacMini (late 2012) running Mountain Lion (10.8.4). It worked as expected and began installing my copy of Vista 32-bit.

The install didn't succeed because my USB connected input divices were not acknowledged, none-the-less, That's where I found Boot Camp 4

User uploaded file

Sep 7, 2013 11:01 PM in response to Fate010

SIGH! Sadly, I never had a Lion disk. I updated to Lion from Snow Leopard thorugh the App store if I recall, and I no longer see where one can download Lion from the App Store. (Anyone see this?)

No big deal. I actually went back to my disc verson of Snow Leopard, and used that Boot Camp there to install Windows XP, which is what I wanted on the old MacBook anyway, and that is working well now. Well, everything except adding a second monitor externally.

Dec 9, 2014 9:14 AM in response to djdavidor

I just tried to use the version djdavidor shared above -- things were going very well for awhile. I could run Bootcamp 4 and was able to start the process of getting the iso onto my properly formatted thumb drive (I have the iso on the mac's desktop. About halfway through I got this error message: "Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server."

I have a legit downloaded iso of Win 7 but it's a 32 and 64 bit combo so of course it won't work with Bootcamp 5. Thus I'm trying to use BC 4. I'm on a Macbook Air 13 inch Early 2014.

Download Boot Camp 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.