Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the best FREE Logic plug ins etc etc? If there is any?

I want to make my library of music better and was just wondering if there are any free plug ins/instruments etc that you guys rate highly?

Thanks.

Logic Pro, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on May 7, 2013 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2013 4:15 PM

There's so much stuff out there, its impossible for anyone to give you a definitive answer - you need to do some Googling - see what grabs your attention, so you can see where its going.

This is a good freebie that I've been messing about with today - it is a good sounding synth, really - there are quite a few free synths out there, though - sometimes they work in a particular way and it takes a bit of time to compare.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2013 4:15 PM in response to JohnOMahoney

There's so much stuff out there, its impossible for anyone to give you a definitive answer - you need to do some Googling - see what grabs your attention, so you can see where its going.

This is a good freebie that I've been messing about with today - it is a good sounding synth, really - there are quite a few free synths out there, though - sometimes they work in a particular way and it takes a bit of time to compare.

May 8, 2013 2:57 AM in response to JohnOMahoney

There are about 162 free 64-bit AU plugins.

http://www.kvraudio.com/q.php?search=1&os[]=mac64&ty[]=i&ty[]=e&f1[]=au&pr[]=f

Personal favorites:

Instruments:

Podolski

Zebralette

Alpha

TyrellN6

TAL-Vocoder 2

Effects (inserts):

ADT

AradazMaximizer5

FreeVerb

IdeeFixer (texteditor as AU plugin)

Limiter6

LVLMeter

Northpole

Poorplate

Stereo Touch

StudioDevilBVC

SupaPhaser

all TAL plugins

W1

Dec 1, 2013 11:39 PM in response to chorleyman

Chorleyman, How goes it ? Still making music ? I am still totally in love with Logic . The honeymoon is not over . I was wondering though if you have any problems with latency while recording analog with Logic ? I dont know if its a bussing issue that is causing my problems as far as the tracks seem to be slowing down when I recording. I use Apogee Symphony PCIe card so I dont believe it is a hardware issue or lack of RAM . I am using Mac Pro OS Mountain, 12 core machine. It seems to happen to me occasionaly when I use Pro Tools as well. Any input will be totally helpful, hope all is well with u Chorleyman . Peace \/

Dec 2, 2013 10:13 AM in response to Huemanbing.F.O.I

Hello there - I haven't been looking at the forum much for a while, since a lot of the questions relate to Logic X specifically and I'm still quite happily on L9. Anyway, I'm going through a bit of an intensive period of working on my stuff since its about time I got something up there on the old internet; people keep making sarcastic comments about me never getting to the end of it, so I have to prove them wrong in the coming year.

I have latency issues occasionally but nothing too serious - hitting the Low Latency Mode to disable some plug ins usually works in most cases - I have Plug in Latency Compensation set to 'Audio and Software Instrument Tracks' in the Audio Preferences and sometimes adjust the I/O buffer between tracking and mixing, I'm usually only recording a vocal or guitar. Other than that, one of the more technical people here should be able to help if you have a specific problem, so best of luck to you also.

Dec 3, 2013 7:54 AM in response to chorleyman

Yes indeed I am also still happy with L9. I am wondering if it has anything to do with Flex and how I am bussing the audio tracks. Also Ive noticed I have to pay close attention to monitoring levels as far as Software mix versus Dry mix when I am recording because quite frankly I can feel the latency as well as hear it when im tracking guitars. Thanks for the tip about adjusting the I/O buffer between tracking and mixing. It would seem that Mac Pro should pick up the slack . And I also only record guitar or vocal . Nothing simultaneously and 1.8milliseconds of latency from Apogee is literally impossible to detect . Thanks for your time Chorleyman and keep up the good work ! \o_ 🙂

What are the best FREE Logic plug ins etc etc? If there is any?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.