Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes cannot detect my Ipad mini

My computer is Window 7 Home Premium 64bit

I have a Ipad Mini

I have downloaded Itunes from this link, http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1037 because the other link www.apple.com/itunes/download/ when i click on the download button, it will ask me where would i like to save at, once i have selected the location, nothing was downloaded.

I have spend 6 hours+ on trying to make Itunes detect my Ipad mini, but nothing seems to work, im so tired of it, can someone please help me?

I have tried various methods, none of it works, i have tried:

1) Unistall everything of apple software in control panel, and reinstall the program again

2) Updating my windows update to the latest version

3) I tried to sync but the word in Itunes for Sync is gray in colour, perhaps is due to the program have yet to detect my Ipad mini

4) I went and disable all my firewall, antivirus and so on, and did something like in msconfig to disable all..........

5) And some other move which i have forgotten.

6) Finally, I go to Device Manager and located my Ipad mini in Portable Devices, inside portable devices there is my ipad mini named (Apple Ipad), so i followed the solution provided by this page http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538 when i reach step 5, i was at IF ONLY APPLE IPAD APPEAR, which is the same scenario as mine, so i tried following the steps, when i reach this section that says i need to do this (Double-click the "usbaapl" file. (This file will be called "usbaapl64" if you have a 64-bit version of Windows. If you don't see "usbaapl64" here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. instead).) and i click ok, and this message pops up (The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems.) This has made me stop right here, please help me, i cannot fix my Itunes to detect my Ipad mini?

Ipad Mini-OTHER, Windows 7, 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium

Posted on May 7, 2013 1:55 PM

There are no replies.

Itunes cannot detect my Ipad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.