Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to record two channels at once with two mics

How do you set up and record-enable two tracks with seperate microphones at once?

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 7, 2013 2:14 PM

11 replies

May 8, 2013 7:02 AM in response to fewie

Thank you Eriksimon but I'm afraid I did not correctly ask my question. I am using two USB mics without an external interface. They are plugged into seperate USB ports on my Imac and I can only access one or the other for recording purposes. I wish to use them at the same time on two seperate record-enabled tracks so that I can obtain either seperate vocal tracks or a stereo image of an acoustic guitar. One of my mics is a stereo Yeti but I am not satisfied with the results using the stereo capsule arrangement. Thanks again!

Apr 23, 2014 5:17 PM in response to fewie

Just to add to what David has said, I got the same email from Blue about the "digital thumbprint" but they did offer a soulution. They have offered to change the thumbprint of the mics, so that they can all be seen as different mics. I simply have to send them in. A small price to pay to be able to have 4 Yeti's recording at the same time.

Apr 23, 2014 6:29 PM in response to BAFL99

Ah.. this now all makes sense... given they all have the same 'digitial thumbprint..' though I might add, that's a pretty dumb 'feature' but then, maybe they never thought of anyone wishing to use more than 1 at a time when they designed it?

Thanks guys for getting to the bottom of this.. I'll add this cause/solution to my DB for future reference...

how to record two channels at once with two mics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.