Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a macbook. I need help adding a printer

I begin by having the new printer hooked up by USB. When I have a document that I want to print opened up in Pages, I hit File; Print; hit the down arrow on the Printer bar and hit Add Printer. When the window pops up, the new Printer does come up under Printer Name and I highlight it. To hit add, I have to select something in Printer Options, the third bar. My only options are to hit either "Select a driver to use" or "Other". When I hit Select a driver to use, a list of Printers comes up but my printer is not listed there. It's an HP Deskjet 3512. What do I do?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 7, 2013 2:56 PM

1 reply

May 7, 2013 3:02 PM in response to swarrington3

New printers are added using the Print & Scan preferences of System Preferences. You will need a printer driver for use with your Leopard OS which is either on a CD that came with the printer or the drive is available from HP/s support site for your model or is included in the drivers supplied with OS X.

Adding a printer to your printer list in Mac OS X

I have a macbook. I need help adding a printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.