Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data Charges with iTunes Match

Do data charges apply if I don't have unlimited data on my phone, and I'm using my iPhone to play music while taking a walk, or at someone elses house, using my phone for music on their Bose listening dock?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 7, 2013 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2013 5:32 PM

If the music isn't on your device already and you download over a cellular connection then these downloads will count against your allowance and once you exceed it you will be charged. This is exactly the same as if you were downloading any other type of data over cellular.

3 replies

May 7, 2013 6:09 PM in response to Laura Thake

Yes, ideally you would download your music at home in advance. The music does then stay on your phone, however you can delete it, but if you leave it there and your phone becomes full iTunes match will automatically delete some of the oldest unplayed content in order to free up some space. Yes it will always be available for download from iTunes match providing that it is still available in the iTunes Store.

Data Charges with iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.