Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to unlock disabled ipad

how do I unlock a disable ipad / my son attempted to use my ipad and didn't know I changed the password

iPad 2

Posted on May 7, 2013 5:34 PM

6 replies

May 7, 2013 6:00 PM in response to jeck001

After a device has been disabled by entering the wrong passode it will make you wait a time limit before you can try again. after so many attempts it will be disabled and not let you try anymore. then you will have to put it in recovery mode and restore the ipad.

1. first turn off the ipad

2. then hold the home button while you plug in the device into a computer with itunes

3. Itunes should dectect the device in recover mode and only give you option to restore

4. during the restore process it will give you the option to restore from backup

Another way if you don't have itunes but have icloud find my device setup on on the ipad is to goto icloud.com and put the device in lost mode and do a remote erase. after the erase you can restore a backup on the device.

how to unlock disabled ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.