Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 6.1.4 update for iPhone 5?

I'm not understanding why the ios update which clearly states audio profile for speaker phone isn't allowed on the iphone 4 only the iphone 5. The last update screwed up the speakers on the iphone 4. So why would the update only be for the 5 when the 5 was not even out when this update took place and ruined the speakers? Can someone please make sence of this for me?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 7, 2013 9:02 PM

5 replies

May 8, 2013 7:51 AM in response to diesel vdub

It obviously is because you didnt understand. The iphone 4's last update to IOS 6.1.3 in some cases caused the phones speakers to not work (in which this happened to mine and a few people I know) which some people got rid of their phones. HENCE the AUDIO UPDATE that they recently posted but only iPhone 5 can download the update. That is my problem. I have alot of apple products diesel vdub and have had apple for a long time but I can't seem to understand why they would do this and I posted this in hopes to find more people that have had this issue and if they did anything to help fix it this issue. Thank you for your concern though.

May 8, 2013 8:17 AM in response to KiltedTim

I'm not looking for you to give me answer theres KIltedTim about hardware specific. Like i said it the last reply to diesle vdub, I have one of every apple product and I know the updates are hardware specific and thats not what I'm trying to get at. I'm more or less looking for people to comment (not people like you trying to tell me why this is happening) who have had this issue with the iphone 4 last update that screwed up the speakers. I believe apple should have made this update for the iphone 4 since thats where the audio had a bug. Thank you for your concern though in trying to answer my dilemna.

IOS 6.1.4 update for iPhone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.