Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I have set up my son's icloud account and find my ipod on his device. I can get his icloud account up on my Mac, but I can't locate his ipod using any other device. Yet when he uses the 'find my ipod' app, on his ipod it shows up.

Hi, I have set up my son's icloud account and find my ipod on his device. I can get his icloud account up on my Mac, but I can't locate his ipod using any other device. Yet when he uses the 'find my ipod' app, on his ipod it shows up.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 7, 2013 11:30 PM

11 replies

May 7, 2013 11:43 PM in response to gail from maine

Hi again, I have also tried using the app 'Find my iphone' from the app store loaded on my iphone and ipad.

I log into his icloud account and still I get 'No Devices' and then instructs me to 'Setup Instructions' which are just to set up an icloud account (which is already active).

Yet when using the same app on his ipod, his own ipod finds his device.

I just don't get what is happening.

Thanks,

Seal

May 7, 2013 11:46 PM in response to Seal123

Hi Seal,

And the Mac is connected to Wifi? Also, when you say the Find My iPhone "tab" doesn't locate any devices, want to make sure that you mean the Find My iPhone icon on the iCloud website on the Mac:

User uploaded file

And when you click on the Find My iPhone app, you are not seeing anything at all under Devices:

User uploaded file

Just want to make sure we are on the same page....

Cheers,

GB

Cheers,

GB

May 8, 2013 12:21 AM in response to gail from maine

Hi Gail,

Thanks for your help.

I've just been through the article and have already 'ticked' all those boxes.

The location services are working on the phone, and as I say the app 'find my phone' works on the ipod itself to find itself (again, not much help when it is lost) however i can't get it on any other devices, yet all other icons and functions work on his icloud account when accessed from my devices.

Thanks again, I just don't get it either.

Seal.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.