Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Panning in Soundtrack Pro?

I am new with Soundtrack. Please be patient.

After endless searches to get the mixer in Soundtrack Pro to show panning I am turning to you for help. I imported (drag a. drop) a stereo audio file into sound track pro to use in a movie I made. The audio shows but there is no panning available to ballance my left heavy tracks. When I click mixer next to layouts and in the lower panel and Tracks in the left Pane I never get a mixer with volume, panning. What am I missing?

W.W.

Posted on May 8, 2013 6:25 AM

2 replies

May 10, 2013 9:00 AM in response to Walter Wedler

Hi Walter,

I found a section in the Soundtrack Pro manual for the mixer that details some of the usage of the panner:

Basic Mixing in Soundtrack Pro: Using the Mixer

http://documentation.apple.com/en/soundtrackpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter=12 %26section=3%26tasks=true

You may be able to find additional resources for this question by searching in the search box of that page for other keywords pertaining to what you are trying to do.

Cheers,

- Ari

May 10, 2013 12:33 PM in response to ariel s

Thank you so much for responding.

The problem is not using a mixer but I can't get one to show. I see my sound track,(can play) and did analysis and cleaned up but clicking all mixer buttons and choosing a different layout all 3 choices never give me a mixer.

The lower pane with the mixer highlighted is blank. I also set up a new project choosing multitrack with mixers or Seperate Mixer and video which show the mixers but as soon as I put my aif file in the mixer disappears from the window only the wave forms are there. Crasy. The link you post does not help with that.

Walter

Panning in Soundtrack Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.