Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to see ethernet connection speed?

I know I've asked this somewhere else, but I don't know if anyone ever replied: How can you tell your actual connection speed?

I had a "wifi range extender" that has an ethernet jack that I relocated closer to my G5 so that I could connect it to the range extender thereby joining my wireless network (I tried but gave up trying to get one of my USB wireless adapters to work with the G5 and didn't want to spend an arm and a leg for an airport whatever it's called).

So I can login to the range extender and see that it's connecting to the router at 54Mbps (and sometimes 108Mbps) ...but there's no where to see what the speed is between the extender and the G5. I guess because it's hardwired, it's going to show up as 100Mbps (and just realized this as I'm typing this lol). I guess if I want to check my download/upload speeds I can use Safari and find a website that will help me check that.

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 8, 2013 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2013 9:42 AM

http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/menumeters

and use their network monitoring tools

4 replies

How to see ethernet connection speed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.