Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook Chat

Okay..... WHY am I having such a hard time installing this facebook chat thing?? I have loved everything about our iMac up until now. I keep getting a stupid error, and it's driving me nuts. I even tried to "Google" for help.... no luck. I'd like for my mom to be able to see Olivia on this video chat thing! Any help would be IMMENSELY appreciated.

I should add that i have no idea which operating system I am currently using.

I tried it both with Firefox, and Safari..... same message.

iMac

Posted on May 8, 2013 7:12 AM

10 replies

May 8, 2013 2:27 PM in response to tbudoff

Facebook didn't sign their Oracle Java application, and OS X expects developers to have digitally signed their code. This is a security feature intended to reduce your exposure to malware.

To override the OS X security check being performed here, control-click on the application and select Open from the pop-up menu, and you'll be asked for your administrative credentials. You'll then be able to access the application.

This sequence will be needed only once for the application as OS X remembers that you've asked to override and access the app.

It's also possible to turn off these Gatekeeper checks, but that's not recommended.

Facebook Chat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.