Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail > Photobrowser

I migrated some days ago to a new Mac using the migration tool.

Since I did this I am having problems with the photobrowser in the

Mail.app

Displaying "iPhoto" in the pop-up box little wheel is spinning and after a while

I am getting an error message box that it can't connect to my previously

installed Time-Machine HD. I haven't installed TM yet on the new Mac.

I then ran disk permissions and checked by holding down the option key when

launching iPhoto that it points to the iPhoto library on my Mac.

It does.

I have no explanation why the photobrowser doesn't open the iPhoto library on the

Mac ( which is at it's defualt location i.e. "users/"Username"/Pictures/iPhoto Library"

THere must be somewhere a file etc. which points to the previously installed TM HD.

Anybody an idea how to fix this ?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on May 8, 2013 9:04 AM

11 replies

May 9, 2013 9:36 AM in response to Michael Schulz

Triple-click anywhere in the line below to select it:

defaults read com.apple.security.pboxd NSNavLastRootDirectory | open -f -a TextEdit

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard (command-C).

Launch the Terminal application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Terminal in the icon grid.

Paste into the Terminal window (command-V).

A TextEdit window will open with the output of the command. Post the contents of that window, if any — the text, please, not a screenshot.

May 28, 2013 2:06 PM in response to Linc Davis

Sorry for only responding today but I was away on holidays. I still appreciate your assistance !

In reply to your mail: yes you are right originally TM was not running but since I logged to issue I have set it

up.

Nevertheless: the problem did exist before as well as after.

The interesting thing is that I am getting this error message in application like Mail, iMovie, iSale. I have one other application ( Sandvox > webpage builder ) where I am not getting this error message

I have also checked again: iPhoto is using the default library.("users/"Username"/Pictures/iPhoto Library")

In Sandvox clicking the Media button it displays immedeatly the iPhoto library with all it's subdirectories etc.

The way it should be.

In all the other mentioned application I just get the spinning wheel next to "iPhoto Library".

Mail > Photobrowser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.