HT1893: Mac OS X 10.5.3: Printer drivers included in the HP Printer Driver Update v1.1.1Learn about Mac OS X 10.5.3: Printer drivers included in the HP Printer Driver Update v1.1.1
Currently Being ModeratedMay 14, 2013 11:53 AM (in response to bdmorgan)
Interesting. My guess is that you are trying to use either the PPD from the HP drivers that are not supported or that the PPD has become corrupted. I would recommend you do the following:
1. Go to System Preferences -> Print & Scan and delete the DesignJet 120nr printer that is installed.
2. Go to /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources (that is the Library at the root of the hard drive). Delete any PPD for the DesignJet 120 you find.
3. Download a fresh copy of the OpenPrinting.org PPD with this link.
4. Open the PPD with a text editor and remove the line
*cupsFilter: "application/vnd.cups-pdf 0 foomatic-rip"
5. Save the file and place it in the folder /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources
6. Go back to System Preferences -> Print & Scan and add the DesignJet 120nr printer. When you add the printer, choose the model that says "HP DesignJet 120 Foomatic/cdnj500 (recommended)".
Try finding the options for Paper Feed and then Roll Paper.
Let us know how things go.
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points