Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The volume bar doesn't show up

I have had my iPhone 4S for awhile, and this has never been a problem. Recently, I have noticed the volume bar will not show up regardless of what app I am using. I already tried resetting it and it didn't work. The do not disturb is turned off so I know that isn't the issue. Ive tried using headphones, plugging it into w charging dock and using bluetooth and it doesn't show up while using any of those. How can I fix this?

iPhone 4S

Posted on May 8, 2013 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2013 1:07 PM

Are you talking about the general volume slider that appears when you push the up and down volume buttons on the side of the phone?

5 replies

May 8, 2013 3:22 PM in response to thunderbasketball12

I always start by restarting my phone when it wigs out like that. Hold both Home and Sleep buttons down until the Apple Logo appears and wait for phone to restart.

Then kill all apps in the multitasking drawer, Double tap the home button with the phone unlocked. Press and hold any icon that appears in the drawer and wait for the icons to start jiggling. Tap the little x in the circle that appears at the upper left corner of each icon to shut it down.

Once all apps are shut down tap Home button to close drawer.

Check to see if any of the Accessibility actions have accidently been turned on in Settings. Settings => General => Accessibility.

If none of these help, you may have a busted phone and will need to have Apple look it over at your local Apple Store, if you have one, or send it in and see what they say.

The volume bar doesn't show up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.