Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Graphics Card ATI RadeonHD2600XT Mac Pro 3,1

I work on a MacPro 3,1. When I try to select/highlight some text there is NO highlight but the text is selected. If I try to color-code with labels, they are very washed-out looking. Went into displays (I have 2 27" cinema displays circa 2007) to calibrate and the slides were either black or gray, in other words the controls were useless. I don't have any issues with the monitors blinking or flickering. That's why I tend to think it might be a graphics card issue. Can you shed some light on the subject. I let techtool 6,x run defrag over the weekend. Everything from TechTools point of view seems ok. Video card or graphics card. Either way, I'd appreciate your knowledge. I ran the hardware tools disk from apple and everything checked out fine. My monitors continue to get more and more bleached-out looking no matter what kind of settings I try to use to try and balance the colors and contrast. Should I be seeking a new graphics card? Is there a way that I can definitely tell what is the problem? I switched monitors around as well. We have some extras laying around from artists that were given iMacs for their new machines. But that did nothing. I am totally stumped. I'm afraid it's really something like a motherboard. I don't want to waist any money replacing a graphics card if it's really the motherboard. Thanks for any and all help. Sincerely, Paul

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), My work computer. Tower

Posted on May 8, 2013 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2013 12:03 PM

there are not any programs that can test and tell you your video card is fine.

Get a ATI 5770 please ! Do you have some "laying around" you can try out?

FBDIMMs go bad, consider how old and that 2x2GB are now $32

Wtih 2 x 27" the 5770 would be better card, especially if you upgrade to Lion or ML.

Many (most?) 2600's are trouble, were under a warranty replacement. And not suited to 10.7.x+

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2013 12:03 PM in response to perkunas

there are not any programs that can test and tell you your video card is fine.

Get a ATI 5770 please ! Do you have some "laying around" you can try out?

FBDIMMs go bad, consider how old and that 2x2GB are now $32

Wtih 2 x 27" the 5770 would be better card, especially if you upgrade to Lion or ML.

Many (most?) 2600's are trouble, were under a warranty replacement. And not suited to 10.7.x+

Graphics Card ATI RadeonHD2600XT Mac Pro 3,1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.