Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I spilled water on my iPod and now it won't turn on at all.

I put down my iPod and someone spilled water on it accidentally. It worked with the water on it, but after I let it dry out it won't turn on at all. It doesn't connect to iTunes or WiFi of anything at all. I tried charging it, reseting it, updating it, but none of those thing worked. If I can't fix it can I send it in to Apple and have them fix it. (I just got it for Christmas this year so it is still under warranty)

iPod touch

Posted on May 8, 2013 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2013 2:04 PM

Warranty will not cover it, they have a sensor inside th iPod that tells whether its water damage. You will have to actually pay for it....try putting it in a bowl of dry rice for a couple days. You shouldn't have used it while it was spilt on though. You might have short circuited it.

4 replies

May 8, 2013 2:05 PM in response to RobertD33

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

iPhone and iPod: Liquid damage is not covered by warranty

If not dry, dry the iPod:

How to fix a wet iPod or iPhone | eHow.comfix-wet-ipod-iphone.html

Then try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful that indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order. They can exchange it at the store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

I spilled water on my iPod and now it won't turn on at all.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.