Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to make an ibook, what version of iphoto do i need? i'm running 10.6.8 on a 6 year old MB Pro.

i want to make a photo book with iPhoto. what version of iphoto do i need? i'm running 10.6.8 on a 6 year old MB Pro. i have iphoto '08 (7.1.5). i teach photoshop, but apple makes an 6 x 8" book and no one else does, so i have to use iPhoto, yes?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on May 8, 2013 5:33 PM

7 replies

May 8, 2013 6:14 PM in response to bcmossman

No - you can use any software or service you choose - there are many

iPhoto '08 will make photos books so that is one of your options

I'm not at all sure what you are asking sinc eyou have an appropriate version of iPhoto - just make the book and

Before ordering your book preview it using this method - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1040 - and save the resulting PDF for reference - the delivered book will match it.

LN

PS a Photo book is not an iBook - that is a totally different thing

May 9, 2013 10:23 AM in response to bcmossman

I'm not sure the Apple printing services support iPhoto 7 (08) any more. You can try to place an order and see if you get to the order window and then cancel.

iPhoto 8 (09) works and has the 8 x 6 sized book option. iPhoto 9 (11) from the iLife 11 disk also will work with 10.6.8 and includes the 8 x 6 size. The iPhoto 9 from the App Store requries Mt. Lion.

OT

May 10, 2013 2:38 PM in response to LarryHN

OK, here is the deal. I select a bunch of images in an album in iPhoto '08 (7.1.5) and i click the book icon at the bottom of the window and a little dialogue box opens that says "Book Type:" with a radio button. When I try to select a book type all the options (Hardcover, Softcover, Wire-bound Softcover) are grayed out and unselectable. Nothing appears in the area underneath Book Type, and clicking "Options + Prices" takes me to the apple website. When I click Choose, it tells me to select photos fropm the top bar and arrange them for my book, but there is no bar and no photos to choose. Clicking autoflow initiates the endless spinning beach ball and necessitates a Force Quit. Clearly something is wrong with my iPhoto software as I can select a Book Type on my girlfriend's computer (basically same make/model, same iPhoto version). So I re-downloaded the 7.1.5 upgrade and reinstalled it and nothing changed. What should i do??

i want to make an ibook, what version of iphoto do i need? i'm running 10.6.8 on a 6 year old MB Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.