Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my account information but my iCloud email did not change and it will not let me change it on my ipad or phone

I changed my email and password on my apple account. But iCloud won't change the information and will not allow me to make the change

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 8, 2013 8:16 PM

5 replies

May 8, 2013 8:41 PM in response to Memphis cris

To change the iCloud ID on your iOS devices, go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, then sign back in with the new ID. This deletes the account and your iCloud data from your device, but not from iCloud. Provided you are signing back into the same account, your data will reappear on your device when you sign back in.

To avoid losing photo stream photos, save these to your camera roll (if not already there) before deleting the account (tap Edit, tap the photos, tap Share, tap Save to Camera Roll).

Nov 18, 2013 7:46 PM in response to randers4

but you cant do that because when you hit delete a screen pops up asking for the old password that goes with the old email. and you cant log in with your new apple id because the pop up screen says "enter the apple ID password for 'old email here' to turn off Find My iPhone" and the only input box that apears is for the password itself so you cant change the email. this is where i am stuck. i cant delete the old icloud account because the email and password technically no longer exist.

I changed my account information but my iCloud email did not change and it will not let me change it on my ipad or phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.