Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i make my button link to a webpage in XCode 4.6?

So im trying to create an app. But i need the different buttons to link to pages like twitter and youtube.
Ive looked everywhere for tutorials, but they're all on older versions of XCode.

Now that the .xib file is gone, the tutorials doesnt work.

Can someone please help me?

iOS 6.1, Xcode 4.6

Posted on May 8, 2013 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2013 6:18 PM

Where did the xib files go? Do you mean they have been replaced by storyboards? I assume we are talking about iOS. In any event, I suggest you focus on Apple's tutorials. They cover things like storyboards. The other tutorials don't seem to have prepared you very well for the future anyway. Nothing has changed really. Just put a button in the view and link it to an action. Same as before.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2013 6:18 PM in response to Nicolaysj

Where did the xib files go? Do you mean they have been replaced by storyboards? I assume we are talking about iOS. In any event, I suggest you focus on Apple's tutorials. They cover things like storyboards. The other tutorials don't seem to have prepared you very well for the future anyway. Nothing has changed really. Just put a button in the view and link it to an action. Same as before.

How do i make my button link to a webpage in XCode 4.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.