Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 bluetooth wont pair

Hey everyone, I called the stereo manufacturer and apple support and they kept giving me the story to call the other guys so no help to me 😟

I did however get it going!

Problem is iPhone 5 wont pair to multiple radios, specifically pioneer head units. My iPhone 3gs paired fine but not the iPhone 5.

Tried restore factory settings and both bluetooth firmwares, no change.

The fix is you need to go to settings turn OFF LTE.

Then pair the phone as normal, phone will pair, then turn ON LTE, then restart stereo.

Phone will automatically pair with stereo now. Initial pairing needs to have LTE turned off while pairing.

Hopefully Apple will read this and correct the problem.

This isint just happening to me, multiple forumns say the same problem with no fix, this fix helped everyone with the iphone 5 so far. 🙂

Same for IOS 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 same issue and same fix

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 8, 2013 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2013 8:18 AM

I tried your fix but it did not work with my Subaru's Bluetooth and an iPhone 5 running the latest software. Any other ideas? LTE, by the way, is located in Settings > General > Cellular.

Jim

13 replies

Sep 16, 2013 1:22 PM in response to chevyrestore

Alpine CDE-103BT, iPhone5. Finds unit but fails to pair with the 0000 passcode. Shutting off LTE (Also turned of Cellular Data completely) and hard reset made no difference. Walked back inside and paired with a Jabra Pro 9470 headset with passcode 0000. Alpine has most recent BT Firmware and was paied with iPhone4 on IOS 6 previously. Made sure there are no phones currently setup in Alpine. Wife has an iPhone 5 as well, same problem there. Nothing on Alpine's site about the CDE-103BT. I bought from Crutchfield so I'll call the tech support there and see if they know anything.

Sep 16, 2013 3:05 PM in response to Gutjr

Called Crutchfield and explained what was happening. They told me the manual says use " 0000 " as the passcode but told me to try " 1234 ". Did that and the iPhone paired with the Alpine CDE-103BT and call moved from phone to car speakers. Tech Support said to try 1234 whenever you see 0000 and it doesn't work. I'm fixed.

Sep 26, 2013 5:47 AM in response to chevyrestore

Had same problem, and turning off LTE didn't help pair my iPhone 5s to Clarion CZ702. But I waded through the Chinese-English manual (downloaded from web) and got new phone paired. I read that the radio can only be paired with three phones. So I pressed DISplay button for a couple seconds and entered the radio menu. I turned dial to the Delete menu and found a list of already paired phones. My old phone had exactly the same name as the new one, so I deleted my old phone. After that, the radio paired perfectly with iPhone. I am not sure if the problem was that there were already three instruments registered (including one I didn't recognize) or if the problem was that the old phone and new phone had same name. Either way, deleting the old phone fixed it.

Dec 3, 2013 4:52 AM in response to jimmetzner

What model year is your Subaru? My iPhone 4 would automatically pair with my 2011 Subaru impreza but my iPhone 5 will not. I've turned off LTE and deleted my old phone from the car's Bluetooth memory. It will pair, but I have to manually pair it every time I get in the car (and even then it takes a long time to pair or sometimes tells me it can't).

Thanks and hope you can help!

Dec 3, 2013 10:33 AM in response to obviouslythough

I have a 2011 Forester and just purchased an i phone 5.
Same Blue Tooth issues as above - After the inital set up it wouoldn't autmatacally pair with the car on restart.

LTE on or off made no difference.

I took it to our local Subaru dealer who set it up using the voice commands instead of the knobs on the stereo.

Now it automatically pairs up

Makes no sense that this should work, but it does.

If you have the patience to work the voice commands you'll be fine.

Feb 15, 2014 8:33 PM in response to chevyrestore

Excellent fix! When I initially paired my Iphone5 to a Pioneer DEH-X6600BT stereo during installation it worked well but after two weeks of daily use I got an Error 10 message. The stereo would no longer stream music via bluetooth but the phone would work. Turning off the LTE restored the music streaming. Note: To restore the connection I cleared the Bluetooth memory on the phone and the stereo. I then restarted my IPhone, turned off the LTE and paired w the stereo. Problem fixed!

iPhone 5 bluetooth wont pair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.