Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which option is best?

Im a drummer and I am curently using Mainstage to triger backing tracks in playback. Im pretty new to this. Ive only been using it for a couple of months. I am wanting to be able to us a pad or foot trigger, preferably foot trigger, to playback my backing tracks but I am unsure what to actually use. I have been looking at the Alesis IO and the Alesis Control Pad but I want to be sure that I will be able to use them for the purposes that I needs. Does anyone have any experiences with this or can any one provide any advise?

Thank you!

MainStage, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 8, 2013 11:29 PM

1 reply

May 13, 2013 5:05 AM in response to dmriveratre

Hi !
I'm keyboardist and often use the Playback component in MainStage to control (start, going to markers, stop, fading stop) audio backtracks for "training" sessions. I'm using sliders on my keyboard or my Akai LPD8 (MIDI pads) for this task. If your device is MIDI and recognized you have to put the "PlayBack" component in the "Layout" view and map your pads to the differents controls in the "Edition" view.

Is your question concern the chosen device or the "how to in MainStage" ?

Best regards.

Pierre.

Which option is best?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.