Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting files directly from quick look?

Hello,

I'm trying to do something which should be simple...! All I can say is there's a first for everyhting...I'm missing a feature of Windows!

I want to sort through around 2000 images and delete many of them as I view them, rather than having to go into slideshow view for each one which takes hours! I've tried changing the finder view but even on maximum zoom, the previews are still too small to really judge if the images are any good.

Ideally i'd like to delete them directly from quick look / slideshow view in the Finder. Importing them into Iphoto is even more time consuming and as far as I can see, doesn't offer any real advantage.

Any other ideas much aprecated!

Thnak you very much.

BertieTBE

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 9, 2013 1:31 AM

6 replies

May 13, 2013 3:49 AM in response to andyBall_uk

Wow...thank you so much! You've made my day. Been looking for a way to do that for ages!

andyBall_uk wrote:

Preview will send to trash (Command Delete), and is convenient so long as its Preferences are set to open All or Groups of images in one/the same window.

I'm running Snow Leopard...would be even better full screen apps but I'm just not sold on Mountain Lion.

Thanks again.

BertieTBE

Deleting files directly from quick look?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.