Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps gifted with app gift card

How come if I have purchased gift cards and have money to redeem at App Store it won't allow me to gift an app? That can't be legal surely. If I was to use my credit card they would be paid, I have money sitting to be redeemed but can't use it to gift an app.....wonder what consumer affairs would think of this ridiculous system?

iPod touch, Windows ME, I Pad2

Posted on May 9, 2013 6:48 AM

1 reply

May 9, 2013 7:20 AM in response to belindafromsaint helena

belindafromsaint helena wrote:

How come if I have purchased gift cards and have money to redeem at App Store it won't allow me to gift an app? That can't be legal surely. If I was to use my credit card they would be paid, I have money sitting to be redeemed but can't use it to gift an app.....wonder what consumer affairs would think of this ridiculous system?

Yes it is perfectly legal.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2736

Additional Information

Note: When purchasing an iTunes Gift, a valid credit card must be on file; you cannot purchase an iTunes Gift with store credit. Purchased gifts cannot be redeemed outside of the country of purchase. For example, an iTunes Gift purchased in France cannot be redeemed on an iTunes Store outside of France. You can contact Apple Support to cancel an iTunes Gift up to two days before scheduled delivery.

<emphasis added>

Apps gifted with app gift card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.