2 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2013 8:43 AM by LifeReceiver
Daniel Kaplan Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)

My old 2008 Unibody MacBook Pro died and I got a new Retina Display one, and tap-to-click on the trackpad is now less reliable than it used to be. Can this be fixed?

More detail: much of the time when I tap to click, instead of the system registering it as a click, the cursor moves slightly. On my old MacBook Pro tap-to-click was rock-solid and not an issue at all.

I have not found a setting in System Preferences that affects this behavior. Is there another way to adjust it?

MACBOOK PRO (RETINA, 15-INCH,EARLY 2013), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)
  • hot_spur Level 4 Level 4 (1,555 points)

I have had the same issue with my rMBP. My 2006, and 2010 MBPs worked faultlessly in this regard.

I am getting in the habit of being more deliberate about the taps, but I still have to do it two and three times occassionally.

• LifeReceiver Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

I had the same issue and brought it to the Genius Bar.  They were able to reproduce the problem right away and took it in to replace the trackpad.  I just got it back yesterday and its still doing it.  They told me if the problem persists they might have to replace the logic board.  So here we go again.