Skip navigation

Tap-to-click unreliable

229 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2013 8:43 AM by LifeReceiver RSS
Daniel Kaplan Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 9, 2013 5:19 AM

My old 2008 Unibody MacBook Pro died and I got a new Retina Display one, and tap-to-click on the trackpad is now less reliable than it used to be. Can this be fixed?

More detail: much of the time when I tap to click, instead of the system registering it as a click, the cursor moves slightly. On my old MacBook Pro tap-to-click was rock-solid and not an issue at all.

I have not found a setting in System Preferences that affects this behavior. Is there another way to adjust it?

MACBOOK PRO (RETINA, 15-INCH,EARLY 2013), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)
  • hot_spur Level 4 Level 4 (1,415 points)
    May 9, 2013 5:52 AM (in response to Daniel Kaplan)

I have had the same issue with my rMBP. My 2006, and 2010 MBPs worked faultlessly in this regard.

I am getting in the habit of being more deliberate about the taps, but I still have to do it two and three times occassionally.

• LifeReceiver Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
    May 24, 2013 8:43 AM (in response to Daniel Kaplan)

I had the same issue and brought it to the Genius Bar.  They were able to reproduce the problem right away and took it in to replace the trackpad.  I just got it back yesterday and its still doing it.  They told me if the problem persists they might have to replace the logic board.  So here we go again.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.