Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imac g5. won't start up. when apple logo appears at start up, the fan comes on quite strongly, and it stays in this mode was seems indefinitely, until i've heard it long enough and shut it down.

imac g5. won't start up. when apple logo appears at start up, the fan comes on quite strongly, and it stays in this mode was seems indefinitely, until i've heard it long enough and shut it down. previously, while working, the fan would come on, and i would simply re start. that eliminated the fan noise. there were also a couple of occasions when the i mac was asleep, when i attempted to wake it up, it would remain blank forcing me to re start.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), address book

Posted on May 9, 2013 6:21 AM

1 reply

imac g5. won't start up. when apple logo appears at start up, the fan comes on quite strongly, and it stays in this mode was seems indefinitely, until i've heard it long enough and shut it down.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.