Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringtones

Hi All.

I have a new iPhone 5 and recently set up my apple id which obviously matches my itunes account. I downloaded and paid for some ringtones from itunes via the phone and now my phones rings with a number of great tunes. However I have been on my pc and into itunes and cannot see these items listed.

I have been into edit/preferences/general settings to enable "tones" to be shown but the list is empty.

Does anyone know how to get them to download into itunes, knows why they are not there, had the same problem or can offer any solutions.

I would be of some help.

Many thanks in advance Apple community

Graham

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on May 9, 2013 9:24 AM

2 replies

May 9, 2013 9:32 AM in response to GrahamJStarkey

Ringtones are currently a one-time only download from the store. If you want them to appear in the Tones section of your computer's iTunes library then you will need to connect your phone to it and do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases so as to copy them over from your phone.

(The library on your computer's iTunes, including Tones, only shows the items that you've downloaded on it, added or copied back from a device - and which are still in it.)

Ringtones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.