Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 not syncing - over capacity? Not.

My iPhone 5 won't sync due to overcapacity. However, my phone settings show there's over 3 Gb available. Per iTunes when I first connect my phone, it shows the same; 3 gb available. When I hit the sync button, the usage on iTunes changes and says I'm over by 1.3 Gb.

Of course, I Googled it. Apparently, this is a pretty big issue for iTunes users, and certainly not restricted to any particular type of device.

I tried rebooting my computer - zilch

Closed iTunes and re-opened - zilch

Tried removing everything from phone to free up 16 Gb of space - nope. STILL says I'm over. Really, Apple?

Per the complaints showing on Google, this is a major problem and has been since early 2011.

Looking for answers, Apple.

Help anyone?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 9, 2013 10:25 AM

1 reply

May 9, 2013 12:06 PM in response to MSHGA

MSHGA wrote:

Of course, I Googled it. Apparently, this is a pretty big issue for iTunes users, and certainly not restricted to any particular type of device.

Per the complaints showing on Google, this is a major problem and has been since early 2011.

No, it really is not a big issue. I've seen very few issues on these forums related to the problem.

Sorry, but slinging loads of manure is not the way to get help.

Do yourself a favor.

Plug in the phone.

Open your eyes.

Look at the bottom of the screen on the Summary tab.

What is taking up space on the device?

Manage what is taking up space, you most likely do not have sufficient free space on the device.

iPhone 5 not syncing - over capacity? Not.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.