Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer iPhoto events from iPod Classic to Mac

I have an old iPod Classic 80GB and used to sync all my iPhoto events with it (full resolution pictures and disk use enabled).

Now my MacBook White HD crashed, and I would like to transfer all the events to a MacBook Air running Mountain Lion (v10.8.2). I could easily copy and paste the "Full Resolution" folder, which has all the pictures. However, I could not manage a way of transfering the photos metadata, i.e., I was unable to transfer the events' names along with the photos or keep them sepparated in events.

I have read this article http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1930, according to which the iPhoto should identify my iPod and would be able to import the pictures. But the iPhoto (v9.4.2) can't "see" the iPod (perhaps because it's a much newer iPhoto version compared to the one running in my old Tiger MacBook White). And if it could, I'm afraid it wouldn't identify the events in which every group of pictures is split.

How can I import the photos sepparated in iPhoto events from my iPod Classic to the Mac? Any ideas?

iPod classic, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on May 9, 2013 5:04 PM

1 reply

How to transfer iPhoto events from iPod Classic to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.