Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focusrite Saffire 6 USB crash

Hello guys,

I would like to use a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB audio interface with my new Macbook Air. Here is my problem:
I dl the newest software from the official focusrite site. Autorestart than I plug in the device. I see the USB connection light on the saffire lighting up. Everything is smooth until i play a sound. I go to the system settings an sound. TRying to configure the sound level but after giving out 1 "beep" test sound the device fails to operate. The O/L and Sig lamp light up ( jut like when I press the 48V button) and fade out. After the USB connection lamp fades and all sounds die. Can't even restart the device with replugging. I have to restart the whole system. But the problem will be still up :/. Also I have downloaded a beta driver for USB focusrite produtcsfrom the focusrite beta site.

Any solving idea? (I am getting a bit angry'cos I have only bought the system to make my live performances totally stable with Mainstage 2 but the audio card fails...) (I have used the card with Win 7 before, worked there totally fine, I am the second owner of the card, it was used on a mac before)

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on May 9, 2013 8:40 PM

There are no replies.

Focusrite Saffire 6 USB crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.