Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4 will not charge on any wire, device, or computer

Started a few days ago. Had trouble connecting on my docking station. Then would not register on either computer, docking station, wall charger, car charger, or multiple wires and died. Cleaned the charging port with compressed air and a pin to remove lint. Worked! Charged it like normal. Now it says not supported charging accessory on everything and will not charge. Plug it in and charges for about 10 seconds, then the battery flashes twice makes its connection noise and brings up the charging message on everything. Did a factory restore, and still did not charge even will conected to itunes. I am running out of options.

thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 10, 2013 7:47 AM

14 replies

May 10, 2013 9:44 AM in response to N3GRO

I did notice the charging not supported dialog on things that used to be supported more frequently. It got progressively worse. Started in the docking station, but would still charge. The wall charger was the last to stop working. You can plug it into the computer and do anything with it, except charge. It would also be recongnized intermitantly the entire time. You cannot charge it with it powered off. It will turn on automatically, which it never did that before the update.

May 10, 2013 10:02 AM in response to deggie

The original problem started with a dirty port. I blew and blew, wasnt until I got the smallest safety pin that fit under the connector and dug around, that I got all the lint out of there. It then started to get recognized and charged, but only for one night. It then started not charging on anything.

Still working now, thanks for the help.

Iphone 4 will not charge on any wire, device, or computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.