Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally removed my iPad Mini from my Apple ID's associated devices. How do I link it back?

The account page in the App Store on the iPad says "Enabling Automatic Downloads or downloading a previous purchase will associate this device with your Apple ID for use with iTunes in the Cloud." I have done both tasks (enabling automatic downloads and downloading a previous purchase) but my iPad Mini still won't appear back on the "Manage Devices" page.

I have also read this KB: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4627 and it said this: "Once a device or computer is associated with your Apple ID, you cannot associate that device or computer with another Apple ID for 90 days. You can view which devices or computers are currently associated, remove unused devices or computers, and see how long before they can be associated with a different Apple ID from the Account Information page in iTunes on your computer." I have never used a different Apple ID other than my account, so I don't see why I cannot re-associate my device to my ID. I also can't see the number of days before the device can be associated to another ID, because the device doesn't appear on the "Manage Devices" page in the first place. I would also like to note that my other devices do not show some sort of countdown, either.

Hoping for something to solve this! Thank you in advance!

iPad Mini-OTHER, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on May 10, 2013 10:01 AM

10 replies

May 10, 2013 10:08 AM in response to erikadj

Are looking at your account in iTunes on a computer? Check there - but I assume that you are because I know of no area on the iPad where you can view this information.

Go to Settings>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID. Tap your ID and then tap view Apple ID. Go down to iTunes in the cloud and see if your device shows up there.

May 10, 2013 10:35 AM in response to Demo

I looked at both iTunes on my MBP and the App Store on my iPad. On iTunes, it only shows my other three devices, excluding my iPad Mini. On the App Store on my iPad, it shows the italicized note I placed above: "Enabling automatic downloads…" instead of the usual "This device can be used with Automatic Downloads and can also download previously purchased music, apps, movies, and books." (This was what was displayed before I accidentally removed the device).

May 10, 2013 10:38 AM in response to Rudegar

The thing is, when I accidentally pressed remove, I was not signed out. I had already tried what you said, though. I signed out and signed in my Apple ID but it still would not go back to the way it was. BTW, I can still download my old purchases from my Apple ID (in case this information is useful), but my iPad Mini just won't appear on the "Manage Devices" page.

May 10, 2013 10:44 AM in response to erikadj

I know that this is very easy for me to say, becuse I am not in your shoes, but if you sphere able to download any past purchase on the iPad - that does in fact associate the device with your Apple ID no matter what you are seeings right now.

Don't stress too much about it. Check it in a day or so and see if it appears in your associated devices. I never even think about checking my devices. As long as I can download a previous purchase, that's proof enough for me.

May 10, 2013 10:49 AM in response to Demo

Yeah, I guess I'm left with pretty much no choice. I do hope it appears tomorrow because I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive and not seeing it there with my other devices bothers me quite a lot, as silly as it may seem. 😁 Thank you, though!

And BTW, if I follow M1SSB's advice and restore my iPad, would it delete everything? Because when I clicked the restore button, it said I had an option to restore contacts and etc after going back to factory settings, but does that mean all photos on the iPad would be gone?

I accidentally removed my iPad Mini from my Apple ID's associated devices. How do I link it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.