Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Templates

I have received electronic work sheets as attachments by email which are password protected to protect and keep the formatting of each worksheet.

The worksheets have been provided as templates files ( .dotx or .xltx) which can be opened and then apparently saved in Microsoft 2007 or 2010.

I have opened the the attachments with a zip file viewer app, I need to be able to edit the templates opened by typing in my answers in the required boxes. I do not know how to save these templates in Microsoft 2007 or 2010 within the zipfile viewer app

how can I edit these templates within the perimeters on the templates?

Posted on May 10, 2013 11:28 AM

5 replies

May 13, 2013 9:17 AM in response to Bindybuffalo

My guess is that you will need an app fully compatible with MS Office. I have my doubst Pages or Numbers would work for what you are describing. Look into Documents Free, Documents to Go, CloudOn, Quick Office Pro, SkyDrive. There are other that you should consider as well. Read the descriptions carefully. Pretty much all iOS apps that allow editing of documents have limitations compared to MS Office for Windows or Mac OS X.

Templates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.