Skip navigation

Aperture "processing"....forever?

407 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2013 2:10 PM by Frank Caggiano RSS
1macprincess! Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
Currently Being Moderated
May 10, 2013 10:59 AM

hello all!

I'm trying to add an aperture library from another computer to my mbp (both macs) and here's what i've done. i'm using 3.4.4 on both computers and libraries are both 3.4.4.

1-drag library from ehd backup from computer 1 to Pictures folder on computer 2.

2-open ap library from finder>picutures>aperture

3-opens and then hangs on "processing"

i am able to close aperture and open the other aperture library i have on computer 2, no problem. i eventually wanted to merge into the one library on computer 2.

any ideas?

thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (22,820 points)
    May 10, 2013 11:30 AM (in response to 1macprincess!)

It's hanging on the library you copied over from the other computer?  Is this library still on the other computer?

If so quit Aperture (If it won't quit Force quit it). Open the library on the other computer, conform that it opens OK.

Back on the second computer open Aperture on the copied library while holding down the option and command keys, run library repair. If the repair finishes ok (and it could take a while) Aperture will have the library open proceed to do what you started out doing.

If the repair fails copy a fresh version over from the other computer. It is possible something got messed up in the transfer.

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (22,820 points)
    May 10, 2013 2:10 PM (in response to 1macprincess!)

If both libraries are on one computer I would do the following:

Make a backup of both libraries. if the library you copied is still on the original system that can count as its backup.

Open library first aid on each library in turn and do a repair.

Open one of the libraries (either one) and do File->Import->Library and select the second library.

That should do it.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.