Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts wont sync and download onto Ipod classic?

Okay so I downloaded a podcast for my ipod classic and I have nearly all the episodes on it and I clicked the sync button and it synced, I went to check my podcasts on my ipod and it said that I had no podcasts and now when I go back onto itunes and click onto podcasts my podcasts are there and they update regularly but they wont sync and theres no sync button there for me to try and sync it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009)

Posted on May 10, 2013 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2013 4:17 PM

You probably need to set up the iPod's Podcasts tab in iTunes.

Select the iPod in iTunes. There is a row of "tabs" (starting with Summary). Click on Podcasts there. This is the Podcasts tab, where you tell iTunes how to sync podcasts to your iPod.

Sync Podcasts is checkmarked. If you want to automate adding and removing podcast episodes, check the box for Automatically include [option] episodes of [option]. NOTE: If the first option choice is all unplayed, or any choice with the word "unplayed," iTunes automatically removes all played podcasts during the next sync.

On the rest of the Podcasts tab (if you did not choose all podcasts for the second option), select podcasts and/or episodes as desired.

When you click Apply, your selections on the Podcasts tab (along with selections on the other tabs such as Music), sync to the iPod, replacing its current content. Going forward, any changes to your iTunes library, that are related to the settings on the Podcasts and other tabs, sync automatically to the iPod when you connect it, or when you click Sync.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2013 4:17 PM in response to Karen8800

You probably need to set up the iPod's Podcasts tab in iTunes.

Select the iPod in iTunes. There is a row of "tabs" (starting with Summary). Click on Podcasts there. This is the Podcasts tab, where you tell iTunes how to sync podcasts to your iPod.

Sync Podcasts is checkmarked. If you want to automate adding and removing podcast episodes, check the box for Automatically include [option] episodes of [option]. NOTE: If the first option choice is all unplayed, or any choice with the word "unplayed," iTunes automatically removes all played podcasts during the next sync.

On the rest of the Podcasts tab (if you did not choose all podcasts for the second option), select podcasts and/or episodes as desired.

When you click Apply, your selections on the Podcasts tab (along with selections on the other tabs such as Music), sync to the iPod, replacing its current content. Going forward, any changes to your iTunes library, that are related to the settings on the Podcasts and other tabs, sync automatically to the iPod when you connect it, or when you click Sync.

May 1, 2016 7:15 AM in response to jean hazel

Glad to hear you figured it out from that post, because it's from a few years ago, when that version of iTunes looked quite different. It worked mostly the same way once you got to the Podcasts "tab," but it's somewhat different (when doing the same thing in the current iTunes 12). Or maybe you're using a older version of iTunes... 🙂

Podcasts wont sync and download onto Ipod classic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.