Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb Pages Deleted

Hi Guys,

I run our small Business website using iWeb 2011. Never had a problem until I did a small website change on the home page today. Uploaded to FTP to then find 9 of my 22 pages are missing.

When I re enter iWeb the pages have completely deleted them self.

The URL is www.catz-eye.com & an example is http://www.catz-eye.com/Instructors.html I'm working hard to rewrite these, but (a). I'm looking for some light on how this happened and (b). How to make sure that it does not happen again.

Many thanks for taking the time to read my post and reply

iWeb '08, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on May 10, 2013 4:25 PM

17 replies

May 11, 2013 12:47 AM in response to Davidson2

At the bottom of your post it says that you are using iWeb 08. Is this correct, because you might need to upgrade it to iWeb 09 so that it will work properly with Lion - iWeb 08 does not.

You are definitely NOT using iWeb 11 because iWeb 11 does not exist. It is iWeb 09 that comes from the iLife 09 or iLife 11 boxed set, but it is still iWeb 09.

May 11, 2013 5:22 AM in response to Davidson2

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Sorry for the confusion, iWeb came with my iMac that i bought in 2011. Ran Lion, then Mountain Lion since it was released. All Updates are up-to-date too.

FTP Hosting is with RageSW, but they are stumped too as to how these pages so suddenly vanished!

I hope the above helps and thanks again for your time.

May 11, 2013 1:53 PM in response to Davidson2

You say that the same pages are missing when you publish your site to a folder on your hard drive?

Try the following:

1 - delete the iWeb preference file, com.apple.iWeb.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iWeb's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iWeb folder (Snow Leopard and Earlier).

User uploaded file

3 - launch iWeb and publish to the folder again and check for missing pages.

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

OT

May 12, 2013 10:43 AM in response to Davidson2

Hi Old Toad & helpers.

I think i got lost while following your advice, but so far so good with rewriting our pages today, which saved to local folder without deleting anything. FTP not uploading at all though, which is spoiling my day to be blunt!

Been scared off iWeb i think & have the oppertunity to try easyweb beta or Sandvox sounds good as it can import current iWeb Pages. Will see what tomorrow brings.

Does anyone have any recommendations for Sandvox?

iWeb Pages Deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.