Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My icons don't jiggle when I hold them down

My icons don't jiggle when I hold them down.

iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on May 10, 2013 5:31 PM

7 replies

Sep 19, 2013 11:09 AM in response to SergZak

SergZak, it is relevant to the original question. The whole point of making the icons jiggle is to cause the red X to be presented so one can close the app. This is no longer needed as a double hit on the home button and a simple swipe up will close the app.

If you are simply wanting to move the app icon to a different page, they will jiggle as they did in iOS 6. Just hold down on the app and move it with your finger to the desired location.

Sep 19, 2013 11:33 AM in response to RedHoncho

RedHoncho wrote:

SergZak, it is relevant to the original question. The whole point of making the icons jiggle is to cause the red X to be presented so one can close the app.

Nowhere was it made clear exactly what the OP wanted to accomplish. There are two different reasons (maybe three if you're simply ammused by jiggling icons and wish to go no further) to want to make the Apps icons jiggle ("My icons don't jiggle when I hold them down."). One is to set them to re-arrange mode where you drag them around to different screeens/positions/etc. The other is to remove them from the task bar (effectively shutting the app(s) down). In the original post, I was under the assumption that the user merely wanted to rearrange the icon positions on the Home Screen which would be the most common reason to want the icons to jiggle. That's the basis of my comment and why I felt your reply had no bearing on the original question.

Either way, we STILL don't know exactly what the OP wanted to accomplish by having jiggling icons. 😉 😁

My icons don't jiggle when I hold them down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.