Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I check to see if my software has been registered?

After a recent hardware replacement I am unable to find my Aperture 2 download. I never used it anyway so i'm not concerned but would like to be able to pass it on if it can be, is this possible? How can I check to see if I even registered it? I have the original packaging and all contents including Serial numbers, support ID, and four software coupons for updates. I am a bit technophobe, sorry!

So,

1. How can I check to see if it was registered correctly?

2. Can someone else use the software?

Hope someone can help. 😊

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 10, 2013 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2013 7:35 PM

You don't need to check registration. In the Apple world registering software really doesn't have much of a purpose.

If the software was bought on DVD and you have the serial number you are free to give it or sell it to anyone you wish. Just keep in mind that Aperture 2 is very old and while it (sort of) works on the newer OS's it really isn;t a good solution for anyone serious about using Aperture.

It would be OK for someone with older hardware that is unable to upgrade past Snow Leopard but for anyone with newer hardware it would be a mistake to use.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2013 7:35 PM in response to A-minor

You don't need to check registration. In the Apple world registering software really doesn't have much of a purpose.

If the software was bought on DVD and you have the serial number you are free to give it or sell it to anyone you wish. Just keep in mind that Aperture 2 is very old and while it (sort of) works on the newer OS's it really isn;t a good solution for anyone serious about using Aperture.

It would be OK for someone with older hardware that is unable to upgrade past Snow Leopard but for anyone with newer hardware it would be a mistake to use.

How can I check to see if my software has been registered?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.